This index gives you a feel for how the Manhattan Condo Real Estate market performed over the past 15 years. For each month since January 1995, we were able to estimate a rate of return for the Manhattan market as a whole, and used January 2000 as the base period with a value of 1,000.”
StreetEasy Market Reports
Manhattan Q3 2011
All links are PDF files.
Summary of findings in Q3 2011
- Manhattan Condo Market Index for August 2011 dropped by 1.3% since the previous month and dropped by 1.2% since the prior year. Currently, the index is 15.4% below the 2008 peak.
- Median closing prices for condo and coop resales declined from the prior year 5.9% and 2.2%, respectively, while new development median price gained 9.3%
- Volume of closings increased 9.9% from last year and by 3.4% from last quarter.
- Inventory declined 3.0% from last year and 5.9% from last quarter.
- Signed contracts remained stable with a 0.1% decrease from the prior year but dropped 31.0% from the prior quarter.
- Price cuts decreased by 6.9% from last year and 16.8% from last quarter.
- Time on market remained stable at an average of 139 days, a 1% decrease from a year ago.
What this means is that you’re free to use our reports as you see fit as long as you attribute the source (preferably with a link to this page at http://streeteasy.com/nyc/market/reports), and if you alter or transform the report itself, then you have to release your changes under the same terms.